rabbit ragu with pappardelle

rabbit ragu

A couple snapshots from dinner prep last Friday, I tried to record a video but my dying battery wouldn't let me. Oh well. I'm sure most of you are wondering what kind of people would even think of consuming something as cute as a rabbit; even I had to pause and second guess what we were about to do. I've had rabbit at restaurants but actually handling and cooking one turned out to be quite the experience. Well, granted I didn't do much but squirm and deal with BF teasing me incessantly about the dutch oven being a "bunny crematorium" (haha?) and jumping around imitating a rabbit (no, just no). Beyond that, the finished product was definitely worth it and was O-M-G delicious.

For anyone who is interested, we picked up our rabbit at Mission Market Fish & Poultry which is two blocks away from BF's apartment and is, in my opinion, probably the best place to go to for meat in the area. The recipe we used is from a New York Times article which has pretty straightforward step-by-step instructions. The article is a good read as well, I recommend it. Also, umm... I know I said that I didn't do much in the previous paragraph but I don't think it was clear enough that I did not cook this. I know I've said this multiple times but BF is the one who cooks in our relationship! I beat him at desserts and baking, so I suppose it evens out...

rabbit ragu

rabbit ragu

rabbit ragu

rabbit ragu

rabbit ragu

rabbit ragu
You have read this article cooking / snapshots with the title rabbit ragu with pappardelle. You can bookmark this page URL http://madtallphatcold.blogspot.com/2010/03/rabbit-ragu-with-pappardelle.html. Thanks!