wandering around san francisco

pier 14

pier 14

I have this strange habit of wandering around aimlessly in various settings whenever I'm feeling terribly anxious or somewhat depressed. There's something slightly intoxicating about not knowing where I'm going in the immediate future, especially when I'm feeling uneasy about where I'm going to end up in the long run. For someone as uptight and order-obsessed as I am, being impulsive like this is a nice change. It felt surreal at first to come across this scene: it was eerily quiet except for the clamor on the street at the beginning of the pier and everyone seemed absorbed in their own worlds. I even felt weird about whipping out my camera to capture the moment so I waited until no one was paying attention.

I mean, you'd think a spectacular place like this right off Embarcadero would be more infested with tourists but I suppose no one really seems to wander past the Ferry Building unless it's to go the opposite way towards Pier 39. I'm not saying that this should be a tourist attraction but if you're in town and looking for a quiet photo-op, go to Pier 14. It's something you have to experience for yourself.
You have read this article minolta srt-201 / reflections with the title wandering around san francisco. You can bookmark this page URL http://madtallphatcold.blogspot.com/2009/11/wandering-around-san-francisco.html. Thanks!