an old familiar scene

03-07-10
A.P.C. trench, thrifted Brooks Brothers shirt, Gap jeggings, Rachel Comey boots

Wore this out to brunch at Tartine with Megan after attending the Elephant 6 Holiday Surprise show in Oakland the night before. I can't even begin to describe how awesome the show was, everything felt so surreal. Definitely one of the best nights of my life. Afterward I met up with Brent to pick up bulk granola and oats at a local market and later made dinner.

When people ask me for tips on how to shop at thrift stores I always maintain that patience is the number one thing. Sometimes I'll spend an hour and a half in a thrift store only to find five things that I really like. I usually go alone and go through every single rack instead of just skimming them... it's a painstaking process but I've found so many awesome things like my duffle coat. Another good piece of advice is to check the mens section: I randomly stopped by a thrift store and found this oversized Brooks Brothers shirt for $2.50.

03-07-10
03-07-10
03-07-10

Also, a big thank you to Vogue Girl Korea for asking me to contribute to their 9th anniversary issue! I just got my issue in the mail but I don't have a scanner so a camera photo will have to suffice.

men's shirt
deets
You have read this article outfit with the title an old familiar scene. You can bookmark this page URL http://madtallphatcold.blogspot.com/2011/03/an-old-familiar-scene.html. Thanks!