Diesel's new denim


Many of you might remember me taking about the re-launch of Diesel, now it's time to take a closer look at their completely renewed denim. The 'Fit your attitude' range has been stripped down to 6 styles that come in a various choice of washes. The simplified designs include 6 different fits, here is my take on the new collection.


zara top
cambridge satchel
skywatch watch
alexander wang heels

''Super-slim-fit with a super-skinny leg, features a higher yoke to flatter the rear female form''

The skinny Grupee has to be my favorite pick and might just become my all time favorite jeans. The dark blue will be replacing many of my black skinnys. I Wore it with a neoprene top and a highlighter neon clutch to tie together the scuba look.


bootzee in wash 0069H
topshop blazer
zara top
vintage belt
jimmy choo heels

''The perfect bootcut leg with a slim fit, features sightly higher back pockets and a regular rise''

It was so much fun playing with a pair of bootcut jeans again, made me realize how easy this fit really is. With a slight 70's influence I paired them with some layered florals, a new top and a three years old blazer surprisingly found each other in my messy closet.


getlegg in wash 0884X
curated by ek thongprasert top
milin blazer
alexander wang heels

''Slim jeans designed to fit slightly wider at the knees and higher at the back''

This cute light blue pair gave me the idea to wear soft pastels from head to toenails. With a straight leg, these fall in to a category of a mix between a skinny fit and boyfriend jeans, a totally new style to work my spring wardrobe around.


myguy in wash 0885C
zara waistcoat
zara shirt
second hand belt
jimmy choo heels

''Boyfriend-style jeans with a relaxed fit, lower crotch and slightly tapered leg''

Such perfect cool jeans, I don't know what I like more; the chilled fit or the dirty wash. I wore them with heels of course and some tailored pieces. Is it just me or does boyfriend jeans always look best with a simple button-down shirt and pointy heels?


flairlegg in wash 0889U
h&m waistcoat
cos knit
burberry shoes

''70's inspired fit with chino style pockets and with a raw unfinished hem''

I just had to pick the white wash for these 70's jeans, how good is the raw-cut hem? I wanted a pale allover look and paired it with a textured knit and some trashed leather. An oversized shirt would have looked amazing but for now the weather required a knit. These will be a favorite for summer.


highkee in wash 0886Z
beam of jack jacket
bruno pieters for weekday knit
vintage belt
ebay cap
nowhere heels

all photos by Janne

''Fifties inspired high wasted jeans, with a straight leg fit and higher back pockets''

How could I not wear a cropped top with these high wasted jeans, I just need to stick to my diet and wait for summer to experiment more on that look. I was thinking of wearing red lips and something more dressed up with these retro inspired jeans, but instead I just kept it simple with a favorite sporty look.

The new permanently re-designed range will be replacing all other previous Diesel styles and is now available worldwide. Playing with the new collection made me realize how good it can be to sometimes try other styles than the good old skinny. Which one is your favorite?
You have read this article with the title Diesel's new denim. You can bookmark this page URL http://madtallphatcold.blogspot.com/2012/02/diesel-new-denim.html. Thanks!