kanon vodka dinner

cocktail

Since I'm back to posting regularly and most of you don't seem to mind the Instagram photos, here are couple snapshots from the Kanon Vodka dinner at the Westerfield Mansion that I was lucky enough to attend last week. Ho-ly crap it was amazing. I was pretty stoked when I got the invite since it was going to take place less than four blocks away from my place but I had no idea that a location like that existed so close to me. Before dinner we got to drink this punch which we customized with our own choice of bitters (my favorite included a spray of absinthe and cherry bitters) while we explored the mansion. This place was AWESOME. My favorite room (aside from the library) was probably the watch tower at the top floor where we had a 360 view of the entire city. So surreal. Thanks Kanon!

the tablegoobers
libraryleopard

The dinner (catered by Stag Dining) itself was something that I'm still dreaming about even a week later. It had been a while since I'd had such a fantastic dinner. Each course was paired with its own cocktail and my favorite was probably the smoked oyster chowder with dungeness crab... seriously, I still can't stop thinking about it. The deconstructed martini which came with it was equally amazing and came with, wait for it, a spoonful of BACON POWDER. It may have been all the alcohol but I found myself saying "OMG" multiple times throughout the night. We also happened to sit in front of Peter, the founder, who was really awesome and we ended up chatting with him the entire night about politics, soccer, traveling, etc. If you're reading this, Peter, come back to SF soon!

beet saladoyster chowder
chickenchicken
peter!caramel icecream
You have read this article food / snapshots with the title kanon vodka dinner. You can bookmark this page URL http://madtallphatcold.blogspot.com/2012/01/kanon-vodka-dinner.html. Thanks!