Make Way for the Coast

(Vintage blouse, Urban cardigan and hat, Paige Premium Denim leather leggings, Tory Burch flats)

What I love most about California is the ability to just jump in your car and take long, sleepy roadtrips up the coast. My family and I did just that. I swear we always have so much fun together no matter what we're doing. My dad, being a huge fan of The Doors, brought along his Greatest Hits CD and played it throughout our entire trip up to Santa Barbara as my sister, Dylana, and I, basically passed out in the backseat after grubbing on In-n-Out burger in the heat of the sun. It was incredible. Because of the constant rock n' roll music flowing throughout my house, I went a bit Mick Jagger that morning and threw on a rad pair of leather leggings, a striped vintage blouse, and super long cardigan. Whenever I'm heading to the beach, I make sure to throw a hat on only because the sun here is ridiculously strong and shines all day long. "Are we there yet? No. Are we there yet? NO!" After constant bickering over where exactly we were headed, my parents decided it'd be a perfect time to take us back to a place Dylana and I LOVED AND OBSESSED OVER (when we were 2): Solvang. Solvang is basically this small part of Santa Barbara County just off the coast that is all Danish. I'm not kidding, EVERYTHING is Danish. You'll find Danish sandwiches, pastries...even the homes look like their straight out of Denmark. It's pretty adorable. Even though it's kind of a sleepy town, I still enjoyed it. It was completely lit up with Christmas lights and got me back into the holiday spirit which I feel I didn't really get much of in NYC and LA. So there you have it, me traveling up the coast with my crazy family...dressed like a Rolling Stone, or something like that.

Follow Natalieoffduty on Twitter

Follow Natalie Off Duty
You have read this article with the title Make Way for the Coast. You can bookmark this page URL http://madtallphatcold.blogspot.com/2011/12/make-way-for-coast.html. Thanks!