instagram'd

random outfit
Equipment silk shirt, A.P.C. sweatshirt, Theory shorts, One Language bag, glasses c/o Bonlook, Bass loafers

I haven't been able to take outfit photos like I've wanted to for a number of reasons so I figured I'd share a couple of my favorite recent Instagram photos. I've been using Instagram for a while (I'm ornithes on there if you want to add me) but lately it's been replacing my SLR since it's so much faster at capturing images in the moment. Obviously the quality isn't superb but I guess that's what I like about it the most: I love playing around with filters to get that grainy vintage feel instantly in your hand as opposed to waiting for a roll of film to develop. I haven't shot film in a while (became too costly after a while, same goes for polaroids) and of course nothing comes close to emulating that experience of being surprised with developed film or instant polaroids but these photos are still fun, no? This, however, is a different type of new experience which Instagram has really hit on the mark and I'm enjoying every bit of it on a daily basis. I remember taking on those "one photo a day for a year" challenges and failing but I've probably already done that without realizing it through Instagram...

top of the hill
acre/sf party

I went to the Acre/SF x Refinery 29 party last week to support Jenny and Marcus and made the naive mistake of walking up to North Beach from downtown SF. Killer view but jeez, I could barely catch my breath by the time I made it into the store. I even had to take my glasses off for 5 minutes when they kept fogging up because of my body heat! The party was great though, I wish I went to these events more often. It was fun seeing a bunch of familiar faces too.

sunflowers in the ran
bonlook glasses

Of course this post wouldn't be complete without a comment about the weather. Yesterday I refused to step outside because it was so hot. It's the end of October, come on! I've been through five SF Indian summers so far and this one has been the worst. Of course it's nice to have warmer weather but it's hard to get into the Halloween/autumn spirit when you're sweating in shorts. A couple weeks ago it finally felt like fall (even with an abundance of wet sunflowers) but my new Loeffler Randall rain boots didn't arrive until the day after the rain had subsided! I have been, however, wearing my Bonlook glasses almost every day except it was probably a bad idea to wear them in the rain since I couldn't see a thing. I've been wearing contacts almost exclusively for the past five years so it's been a refreshing change to wear glasses most of the time and not worry if a contact is dry or torn.

brunch burger at beast and the hare
umami burger
super duper burger
sliders from Jasper's

I've also been on a huge burger kick lately. I'm posting these from latest to earliest. Yesterday I finally tried the brunch at Beast and the Hare (which is actually right below Brent's apartment except we've only been to dinner there once, huh), skipped the breakfast fare and went straight for the burger which had, get this: bacon, caramelized onions, AND a fried egg. Last week I went with a group of friends to the new Umami Burger joint that just opened in SF. None of them had ever been to Umami in LA and were all pretty impressed while for me it was a nice familiar taste of home. It was also the third burger that I'd eaten in a week (Super Duper was the second and a burger from Chez Maman was the first) so I was burger-ed out for a while. Next burger pictured came from Super Duper where I made the mistake of ordering the double burger thinking it would be like In-N-Out but quickly regretted it when I started feeling full and sick halfway through. Finally, Brent and I also really enjoyed the sliders at Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen, I think we went there before we saw Drive? Anyway, from what I remember the cute lil burgers came on a sesame pretzel bun and had blue cheese, totally worth it if you're in the area. I probably shouldn't admit this but I actually omitted two other burger photos (Red Robin lol and Chez Maman) because that would be a bit... much...

ferry building
margaritas
blue bottle

Okay, back to the weather. The warm weather hasn't been that bad. Sometimes I forget how nice it is to venture out to the Ferry Building with friends when the weather is nice. Most of the time I'm there I usually go alone but with friends it's easier to lose track of time drinking happy hour margaritas by the water and picking up Blue Bottle iced coffees. We have to enjoy it while it lasts, I guess, because we won't be able to stay out like this at 5pm again in less than a month... summer's really over, isn't it?

downtown sf
wires

See the rest of my Instagram photos here. Also, please keep voting!
You have read this article instagram / outfit / snapshots with the title instagram'd. You can bookmark this page URL http://madtallphatcold.blogspot.com/2011/10/instagram.html. Thanks!